Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Authors I discovered last year

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme run by the ladies over at The Broke and Bookish.

Last year I tried to read from new and more diverse authors, and I think I did a pretty good job. Obviously I had to read books from some of my favourite authors, but I also found some new favourite authors this year.


1- Siobhan Vivian: I read The List right at the start of the year and loved it. It was such a great book, so I'm going to try read more of her books this year. 

2- Marissa Meyer: I finally started to read the Lunar Chronicles, reading both Cinder and Scarlet last year. I've already bought Cress, and I'm planning to read it this year.

3- Jenny Han: I read a lot of Jenny Han last year. I read The Summer I Turned Pretty, It's Not Summer Without You, To All The Boys I Loved Before, and P.S I Still Love You. They were all fun reads, and I want to finish both series soon!

4- Nicola Yoon: I read both of Nicola Yoon's books last year, and was really pleased with the amount of representation in both books. I'm not sure if the representation was completely accurate but it was nice to see it there.

5- Tahereh Mafi: I have a sort of love-hate relationship with Tahereh Mafi; at first I didn't really enjoy her writing style, but as time went on I appreciated it more and more. I can't wait for her new book next year!

6- Jandy Nelson: I read The Sky is Everywhere, and it stayed one of my favourite books of all year. I loved her writing style and how art plays a major role in her story. I'm going to read I'll Give You The Sun this summer because I've heard it is even better than her other book.

7- Alyssa B. Sheinmal: My favourite book of the year, Faceless, was written by this woman, and I never realised she had written other books. Her story captivated me entirely, and I want to see how good her other books are.

8- Sarah Dessan: I'm a little late (very, very, extremely late) on the Sarah Dessan train, but I'm glad I finally jumped on her train. I read Once and for all in December, and really enjoined it. I think I'm in a contemporary kick at the moment so I might have to pick up some more of her books soon!

9- Morgan Matson: Another author I'm late to, but once again I really enjoyed what I read. So far I've only read The Unexpected Everything but I'm sure I'll read more, especially now that I'm in a contemporary kick.

10- Robin LaFevers: I've had Grave Mercy on my shelf for a few years now, and I finally got to it this Summer. I have no idea why I left it so long because this book is amazing! At some point I'll get to the rest of the series because I loved Robin LaFever's writing style.

Which new authors did you discover last year? Are any of them on my list?
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment